Thurs, April 20 at 8:20am in D1323
- CS- Meals on Wheels: Making place mats and birthday cards for seniors and disabled adults!
- Construction paper donations needed!
- Volunteer/Donate Construction Paper: Here
By Thurs, April 20 at 4:20pm, D1323
- DASH- Kick Butts Day Pt 2 - Chalk Project: Writing tobacco facts on pavement outside!
- Chalk Donations Needed!
- Volunteer/Donation Link: Here
By Thurs, April 20
- TAPP- Teacher Appreciation Notes: Write notes to your teachers! Pick up blank notes from your own teachers or Ms. Martinez, D1323!
Fri, April 21 sign in to D1323
- EE- Earth Day: Wear green for ONE WHOLE FREE HOUR!
Mon, April 24 at 8:20am in D1323
- CS- AP Pencil Notes for Students: Encouraging notes on pencils for AP Exam takers!
- Pencil donations are needed!!
- Volunteer/Donate Pencils: Here
Mon, April 24 from 4:30pm-5:15pm in D1323
- EE- Aloe Vera Planting: Planting in the back gardens by the portables because they are environmentally sustainable!
- Volunteers: Here
By Fri, April 28 during all lunches
- DASH- Kick Butts Day Pt 3 - "Not a Replacement Video": People will be pulled out to take a pic with a sign saying that they value their lives. All pics will be made into a video!
P&P- Inspirational Quote: "The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Student Council Elections
- Fri, April 21 will be the Student Council Popular Vote for Elections! Look at your student gmail account for the ballot!
- All StuCo Officer Candidates MUST take down all flyers on Mon, April 24
- Officer Candidates can have 20 flyers. In addition to these flyers, they can choose to have 5 posters OR 1 banner. All of your campaign material must be approved by Mr. Walz first!
- Student Council Interviews will be on the 18th and 19th!
The schedule has been sent out to all candidates.
New/Reminder of Volunteer Opportunities
The Spicewood Spring Carnival is Fri, April 21 at 4-8pm!
- Volunteer shifts range from 5pm-8pm.
- Some shifts include concessions, tickets sales, and activity assisting.
- Sign up here and indicate next to your name that you are a student! Here
- To earn hours: Check in at the front of the school at the Volunteer Table as Westwood Student Council and check out to receive the service hours letter. Email this letter to us!
The Great Oaks Carnival is Sat, April 22 at 12-5pm!
- Volunteer shifts range from Friday to Saturday
- Some shifts include set up, running games, supervising children, and tear down.
- Sign up here: Here
- To earn hours: Check in/out as Westwood StuCo and email us!
The Purple Sage Spring Carnival is Fri, April 28 at 5-8pm!
- Volunteer shifts range from before 5pm and after 8pm.
- Some shifts include manning booths, games and concessions.
- Sign up here: Here
- To earn hours: Check in/out and get the signature from Ms. Pearson or another coordinator that is in charge and email us!
Warrior Fest/Thirst Project
Warrior Fest will be on Fri, May 26th after school until 10pm!
Come support the NHS Thirst Project! This is a project that will create a well for those in Africa to have fresh water!
- Clubs: Fill out and submit proposal to sign up for a booth. Form on NHS website! Submit forms to email@example.com
- Contact Belle Gresh for more info on the Thirst Project!
- Contact Leah Wu, the talent coordinator, if you wish to perform!
Senior Awards: May, 19 at 6:30pm in the Cafeteria
9th Grade Awards Ceremony: Wed, April 26 at 7:45am in the Field House
10th/11th Grade Awards Ceremony: Thurs, April 27 at 7:45am in the Field House
2017 Homecoming Changes
- Notice: Due to the new District Calendar, we will not have school the first two days of Homecoming week. Mon., October 9th and 10th are designated as Student Holidays. Because of this, we will not be having Homecoming Hall Decorations this year.
- Oct. 12th is the Homecoming parade and pep rally.
- Fri, Oct 13th is the game.
- We will send the theme over the summer (sometime in July).
- Remember to submit the form for the theme you want.
- Remember: your sponsor needs to email Ms. Martinez with the names and personal email addresses for your 2017-2018 officers as soon as you have elections!
- Please tell your sponsor that the quicker they hold elections, the better. The sooner your new officers are elected and the information is sent to Ms. Martinez, the sooner you get to pick your theme.