By Fri, Nov 11 in D1323
- CS- Operation Gratitude: Donating candy to our troops!
- Starting now, bring in any candy (NOTE THAT CHOCOLATE IS NOW ALLOWED) !
Mon, Nov 14 at 8:20am in D1323
- DASH- Diabetes Blue Ribbon Making- Join us in making blue ribbon pins for Diabetes Awareness Month!
Tues, Nov 16 after school in D1323
- EE- Birdfeeder Bonanza- Making birdfeeders for Westwood with pinecones and peanut butter!
Thurs, Nov 17 from 8:00am- 9:00am in the Atrium
- TAPP- You’re SO-DA best!
- Donate small bottles/cans of soda for points!! (regular and diet)
Thurs, Nov 17 from 4:15pm- 5:00pm, meet in D1323.
- DASH- Mirror Writing- Come to write positive messages on the mirrors around the school!
- Volunteer Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fh0uzqfU8Kd1LsfMdSGMbxZvQnyGvurILTqqdYCihzc/edit?usp=sharing
Thurs, Nov 24 on Thanksgiving Day at the Long Center
- CS- Turkey Trot- Volunteer (different shifts available) or walk/run in the event.
- More info to register coming soon.
Fri, Nov 30 at 8:15am in D1323
- TAPP- Fall Goody Bags: Join us in making cute fall goody bags for the teachers!
- Donate: Rice Chex, pretzels, mini marshmallows, fall-themed M&M’s, candy corn, fold-top sandwich bags, ribbon
- Volunteer/Donation Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bwqFdT9_9_dDYIHSz1mVoB4j_HYaIbu9zjOlnB_pv3s/edit?usp=sharing
- P&P- Turkey Hunt
- Find the turkey, take a picture with it and post it on twitter or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, and bring it back to Rohith and Muhozi during 3rd block for a special prize!
Thurs, Nov 17 from 4:15pm-5:00pm at WWHS
- EE- School Clean-Up Day-Do some clean-up action around the outside of the school!
- Volunteer Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11r36EewnywGbIEcDS64juBMO4Rl-ZoqaV-rFJ4pVU6o/edit?usp=sharing
Through the month of November
- EE- America Recycles Day Pledge- For America Recycles Day on Nov 15th
- Sign a Pledge here: https://americarecyclesday.org/
- Tweet (click on the share button) to @WestwoodStuCo to earn hours!
Holiday Affair Prom Fundraiser
- We’ll be going around local neighborhoods to sell tickets!
- Canyon Creek
- Mountain View
- Kathy Caraway
- Purple Sage
- AND MORE!
- Times TBD but will be determined by the HQ (headquarters/leader) of each neighborhood
Until Monday, November 30th!
- Come support JUST CHILLIN' FOR CHILI for our prom fundraiser!
- 1 hour=5 tickets!!!
- Go to D2201 (Mr. Walz's office) and check out tickets in fives
- The person who sells the most will get TWO FREE PROM TICKETS
- The one who comes in second will get ONE FREE PROM TICKET
- Volunteer for Just Chillin' here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084aacaf2ca4fe3-junior
Questions? Email the Junior Class Officers at email@example.com
Reminder of Volunteer Events
Sat, November 5 is the Laurel Mountain Elementary Fall Carnival!
- Volunteer shifts range from 11:00am to 3:00pm.
- Volunteers will: run booths, inflatables, and help with setup and cleanup.
- To get your hours: Email StuCo AND check in and out as Westwood StuCo at the volunteer event.
- Link to sign up: http://lme.my-pta.org/content.asp?PageID=2
Sun, Nov 13, there will be the JDRF One Walk Austin Event at Toney Burger Center, 3200 Jones Rd, Austin TX 78745.
Sat, Dec 3 from 11:00am to 2:00pm is the Candy Land Event at Patsy Sommer Elementary.
- Volunteer shifts are on: Dec 2nd with shifts from 5:30 to 7:30pm and Dec 3rd from 11:00am to 3:00pm.
- Link to sign up: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/409084 5A5AC2BA4F85-2016
Sun, Dec 4 and Mon, Dec 5 there is a charity golf tournament/dinner at Balcones Country Club, 8600 Balcones Club Drive.
- Shifts on Dec 4th are from 4pm-10pm and on Dec 5th are from 8am-12pm.
- Proceeds will benefit the Martinez Family Cancer Foundation.
- Specifically, we need volunteers to assist with: children’s activities, silent auction event, photography, and more!
Sat, Feb 18 is the Destination Imagination Regional Tournament at Westview High School in Georgetown
- It will be a four-hour shift at a scheduled time between 8am to 5pm. You will help the Laurel Mountain Elementary Destination Imagination team at this tournament.
- If you are interested, please contact us with: your name, phone number and email address.
To get your hours: Email StuCo AND check in and out as Westwood StuCo at the volunteer events.
NO Meeting in December! Happy Holidays!